1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

bcs standings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by txsportsscribe, Oct 14, 2007.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

did i hear right, south florida opens up at no. 2 in bcs standings? oh lord, please give us a south florida-boston college title game.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yup!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3063603

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

KU's in front of USC in the BCS rankings. I'll simply enjoy this while it lasts. Hilarious.

4. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

USC's computer rating of 0.09 looks like a blood-alcohol level.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

There will be a national champion this year only because there has to be one every year.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If South Florida wins out, they're in?

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The computers had S. Florida no. 1 across the board, except for the one computer that had Ohio State at 1 and Michigan at 15. Texas wasn't in the top 25 of any of the computer rankings. Don't understand the discounting of S. Florida nor the exaltation of Ohio State, which is ranked tied for fifth with Arizona State (seems about right) in the computer rankings. The Harris Poll is showing its usual worthlessness which, combined with the day late and dollar short coaches poll, will likely come into play for the BCS title. I don't think its too early for coaches to start campaigning for votes, ala Mack Brown.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I've never understood why anyone would get excited or upset about any BCS poll other than the final one.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

No way is ASU a top 10 team, and I am a fan boy.

10. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Geez, good thing we don't have a playoff. Who'd want games like UK-LSU in a quarterfinal?

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Because your average playoff proponent is like a spoiled six-year-old whining for ice cream. He's going to piss and moan until he gets what he wants.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

South Florida deserves its spot. Beat Auburn, beat West Virginia, routed a Central Florida team that almost beat Texas. They need not apologize.

Draft saved Draft deleted