1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BCS national championship game running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 3, 2009.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

When I've turned on the TV on Sundays this season, I've had to watch bums like J.T. O'Sullivan, Tyler Thigpen, Gus Frerotte, Tavaris Jackson, David Garrard, Jason Campbell, Sage Rosenfels, Marc Bulger and anyone who took a snap for the Lions. Given that collection of horseshit QBs, I don't think you can completely dismiss, out of hand, Tebow's NFL prospects. For one thing, he's a winner. For another, he's a leader. Pretty tough kid, also. I could give less than two shits about not playing under center. He'll figure out the footwork on dropback passing by the second practice of his second mini-camp.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Because Fenian thinks everything is terrible, until he says it's not.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You'd be wrong about that.

4. Grimace

Grimace Guest

The first half was a snooze. But the second half, and fourth quarter specifically, was good stuff. I mean a tie game with 10 minutes left in the championship game? I'll take that.

5. Grimace

Grimace Guest

I'm agreeing with hondo again!

Tebow was a key part of the '06 championship team as a freshman.
    He wins the Heisman as a sophomore.
    He's the MVP of another championship team as a junior.

Not bad.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I can't stand the Gators, but it would be awfully tough to argue against Tebow being one of the most significant players in college football history. Two national championships, one Heisman ... and he still might not be done.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Went back and watched game again. Clearly Stoops was out coached. OU play calling was awful. The idea to change play at LOS once Florida lined up took OU out of its rhythm. Linemen were in their stance a minute at a time and it gave
    Florida a chance to regroup. If OU stayed in the I they would have ran Florida into the ground. O-line would have dominated.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I have to know: Was the audio on or off?

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Off - a little of Charles Davis goes a long way.

Draft saved Draft deleted