1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BCS leagues expanding - yeah?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Apr 19, 2010.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Absolutely. One of every six or seven men on the whole campus is a football player. That's scary.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Not the Blue Hose!

4. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

The Missouri Valley, the Summit League and the Horizon League are basically interchangeable now.

5. apeman33

(Thread exhumed)

The American announces its basketball schedule. Both national CBS games involve Wichita State. If nothing else, the Shockers will be making much more in TV dollars. A lot of their conference games in the past were shown only within Kansas on Cox.

6. dixiehack

Let me guess, UConn and Cincy?

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

More exposure for Gregg Marshall's wife to make a horses ass of herself.

8. dixiehack

You make that sound unwelcome.

9. apeman33

Bingo.

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Hopefully the ins and outs of this can be discussed with fighting about politics because I find Liberty's attempt to build a big-time football program fascinating. Apparently C-USA and the Sun Belt turned down $24 million offers from Falwell Jr. to join their leagues.

Jerry Falwell Jr. called out C-USA, Sun Belt for intolerance, and he might have a point

I generally really like Minium's work, but I think he's missing some pretty obvious differences between "religious" schools such as SMU and Liberty. Just because a school is affiliated with a church doesn't mean it has policies that can be seen as discriminatory or hostile against LGBTQ students.

There are also plenty of people in academia appalled Liberty hired Ian McCaw.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I do think the politics are relevant, given how Falwell stuck his neck out for Trump. I'd say the same if Falwell were a Clinton supporter. I'm assuming that any athletic conference would prefer its members stay away from politics with a 50-foot pole.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Honest question, can you be openly gay or transgender and be a professor at Notre Dame?

Draft saved Draft deleted