1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BCS leagues expanding - yeah?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The AAC just voted Wichita State in. No word about whether there was a clause regarding coach's wives.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Someone retweeted a Decourcy story from December that said Wichita would be stupid to leave for the AAC, seeing as they were on the verge of becoming Gonzaga despite playing in the MVC.

This was before Wichita went 30-4, got a 10 seed and had to play Kentucky in the second round, of course.

3. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Someone pointed out last night that roughly 1/4th of the MVC's men's basketball attendance just disappeared. WSU averages over 10,085. The other nine schools average 39,684 combined.

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    It's a moral imperative.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I hear the MVC is going after both Murray St. and Valpo.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That sounds roughly like 1/5th, not 1/4th.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Saint Louis is a Jesuit school and would be a great fit in the Big East (and would give Creighton a travel partner). Dayton is a Catholic school not affiliated with the Jesuits, but I don't know if that matters.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

There are probably 150 schools you could lop off the bottom of D-I. They're D-I in name only.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be surprised if Presbyterian College was next on the list to move down. Tiny school (1,200 enrollment, I think), DII facilities. They should have never moved up in the first place. They belong back in the SAC.

Draft saved Draft deleted