1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BCS leagues expanding - yeah?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm sure there is some fire to the smoke here, but Texas isn't the only Big 12 school exploring escape routes and backup plans for if the grant of rights isn't renewed.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

But other than UT and OU, the escape routes and backup plans are very unappealing. KU has some, but not much to leagues that already feel like they're maxed out.

If OU has to bring OSU along, maybe KU has a chance as UT's transfer partner. Other than that, really not much possibility from the remaining Power 4.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Tony Bennett objects vehemently.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  4. Jake_Taylor

That's the thing about a rented mule, it has to go back at some point.

Big Circus likes this.
  5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I can easily see college football looking a lot like the NFL after the Big 12 explodes. Four conferences of 16 teams each, a total of 8 divisions, everyone plays 7 intra-divisional games, 2 cross-divisional games and 3 non-conference games on a rotating basis. An 8-team playoff of automatic conference champs and 4 at-larges.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That's a shocker.

wicked likes this.
  8. TheSportsPredictor

South Dakota State and North Dakota State already play football in the Missouri Valley Conference. Could they join in basketball?

9. Jake_Taylor

As silly as it is, the Missouri Valley Conference and the Missouri Valley Football Conference are not the same thing.

10. TheSportsPredictor

Well, they should join anyway!

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It's not the worst idea I've heard. Bound to bring more fans to the table than Loyola-freaking-Chicago.

12. TheSportsPredictor

Well, I see North Dakota just joined the Summit so all the Dakota schools will be in that one. Incentive for the other Dakotas to stay put.

Draft saved Draft deleted