1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BCS is out....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ScribePharisee, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

And the schools that play designated victim like the money, too.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

The BCS is an absolute piece of shit and until a playoff system is created, college football is a sham.

A sham.

Simple, true and anyone with an IQ of over 24 knows it.

Little League baseball has a playoff, bowling leagues have playoffs, college football? Oh, it's too complicated.

Suck it BCS! I refuse to watch any college games until you are nonexistent.

3. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

We're all so glad you weighed in.

4. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Then it's sentiment and not strength of teams?

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm sure college football will find a way to survive without you.

6. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Best of luck and leave the cash register open on your way out.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The thing I don't like about the BCS is that at the end of it all -- only the top two teams are relevant. I really think in this age of parity it should be meaningful to the top six -- and there is a playoff (with the top two teams getting a bye).

But I have no real issues with how it is calculated -- it seems to be balanced enough to be a reasonable evaluation of teams

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I've stated on here before about my view of a 16-team playoff that would incorporate the bowls, most of which would become relevant for the first time ever. It would make March Madness look like a bake sale. But, sigh, it never gets traction here

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Dooles, my man, your theory makes far too much sense. And between the school presidents, conferences, bowls and host cities, we can't have that. Oh no. The American public needs the Poulan Weed Eater Independence Bowl. How will we ever survive without it?

10. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Why don't we wait until the games are played? The BCS title game gets it wrong more often than right, so if that happens again, why should we be surprised?

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

When you put making money over the integrity of your league, you don't deserve to have fans.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So checking out the top 10, I figure Texas, Alabama, Penn State and perhaps Florida and USC could post an L at this point and still stay in the top 10, which might meen bad news for the non-BCS teams. The good news is that I don't see many teams behind the non-BCS schools that look ready to rise up and pass them in the rankings.

Draft saved Draft deleted