1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BCS is out....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ScribePharisee, Oct 19, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I don't care if JoePa's corpse is propped upright in the box, Penn State has no business in the title game. It'd be just like Ohio State the last two years. Complete and total domination of a team from a shit conference by a team from a great conference.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm an SEC fan. I hate the Big Ten. I'm not arguing with you. Just sayin' is all.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If Penn State runs the table, you have to put them in.

4. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

FEAR THE GOPHERS!

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

A one-loss SEC/Big 12/USC playing in the title game over an undefeated Penn State team would set off a shit storm of insane proportions.
    I'd like to see that.
    And it could happen.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Boo-Yah!

24 with a bullet, baby.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Who hasn't Florida beaten--- Mississippi?

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

If Penn State goes undefeated and USC has one loss, there will certainly be a shitstorm since Penn State will have soundly beaten the only team that toppled USC.

9. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

Yup.

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

No matter what, there will be a shitstorm.

If the title game is lucky enough to pit two undefeateds and idiot columnists can say "The BCS got it RIGHT!!!!!!!" then whoever is left out of the other BCS games will whine to high heaven.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Nothing I'd love to see more than 3 undefeateds (Texas, Alabama, Penn State) at the end. Four would've been even better, but BYU spit the bit.

12. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

Agreed, but they haven't accomplished any less than TT. TT's ranking is benefiting from being in the Big 12. Well, now it's time for the other shoe to drop.

Draft saved Draft deleted