1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BCS is out....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ScribePharisee, Oct 19, 2008.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8694820/Texas,-Alabama-1-2-in-initial-BCS-standings

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think that's pretty close to what I would have expected. With the games that are left, this could get pretty crazy, starting next weekend.

3. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

Not surprising at all.

The computer doesn't understand the emotional impact and historical significance of Penn State's victory over Michigan. No question they deserve No. 2 if they beat Ohio State, computer or no.

I thought Georgia was a bit high. Yes, they lost to No. 2, but it was a pounding.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yeah, but since that beating, they're back up to No.9 in both polls out today.

The computers are inflating them a bit, but so are the voters.

5. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

yeah, 7,8,9,10 is a fustercluck that's going to have to sort itself out.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Guess I was most surprised by how low Florida was. They beat LSU didn't they? Who has TTech beaten, or Ohio State?

7. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

TT is a fraud that does not deserve to be ranked higher than Ball State, IMO. I take solace in the fact that Texas Tech might not even be ranked this time next month after it goes through the KU, Texas, OK State, OK wringer over the next four weeks.

I'll be surprised if they get 2 wins.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Oklahoma is too close to PSU.

Penn State making the BCS game would be huge. If they finish undefeated and are No.3 in the nation, I will kill someone.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'm usually down with underdogs but Ball State hasn't beaten anyone. Indiana sucks. And they haven't played either of the top 2 teams in the MAC West. They could end up with two conference losses.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Penn State has no business in the title game. If it's not the Big 12 champion against the SEC champion, it's a complete and total fucking fraud this year.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You can make that argument. But good luck telling that to the voters if you have an 82-year-old Joe Paterno (who has already been screwed out of two titles in his life, and may never get this close again) sitting there with an undefeated team. I guar-an-damn-tee you they'd pull a Segei Bubka-esque vault over whoever's No. 2.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Shotglass just threw a football through a window and doesn't know why

Draft saved Draft deleted