1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BCS hires Ari Fleischer's PR firm

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would argue that GWB is far more popular than the BCS.

2. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I think there's a great parallel here.
    Who else would you hire to convince everybody the BCS is the best championship system than the poor guy who had to sell everybody that Bush was a competent president?

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I was there for that talk with the rookies, although I don't specifically recall the anecdote recounted in the story. I thought he was pretty good and he struck me as a pretty big baseball fan, though. I recall him telling a story about warming up GWB in the days ahead of his famous World Series first pitch at Yankee Stadium following 9-11. And while he may do quite a bit of "how to deal with the media" stuff he's also been involved in some more strategic challenges. Regardless, I imagine he's quite good at his job.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Someone told me that Steve Spurrier and Nick Saban's bios make no mention of coaching the Redskins or Dolphins. ;D

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Bullshit and bullshit go hand in hand.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Powell, for openers.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Mr Hect we're going to let it go for now but you soon need to start showing relevance to thread title. You are getting too close to what could be construed as political discussion.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

In my world, personal credibility is an important trait in terms of snagging
    a position in which one will be deemed believable by a broad swath of the public.

9. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

I know the last thing anyone with half a brain wants to do is read Twitter posts, but check out some of the feuds going on between "insidetheBCS" and Twitter nation.

The BCS is adamant to defend anything thrown its way.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

The awesomeness of this post could not go unrecognized.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I thought Jim Mora had a lock on this gig.

Besides - we all know that playoffs = SOCILISM!!! We can't let our kids grow up in a world not thinking that because of who came before them or where they live they aren't entitled to advantages in life. We can't make them think it would be better that they have an opportunity to compete against the best on a level playing field.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The hilarious thing about this -- um, if you have to hire a PR firm to try and win public opinion over, maybe that says, oh I don't know, that your system sucks?

Draft saved Draft deleted