1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BBWAA Complaints About St. Louis Press Box

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moondoggy, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

God damn... could you imagine being a writer... in any section of the PD ... dealing with that population if they lose the all-star game?

Awful.

2. 85bears

85bears Member

That's all I was trying to say before Spirited attacked me about it.

Also - Wrigley Field shouldn't be allowed to host a game until they get rid of both the dungeon that they stick people in for interviews, and the cackling witch who orders everyone around all of the time.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

While the dungeon may be pretty bad (as well as the food in the dining room), I have absolutely no complaints about the press box. Hell, even the auxiliary press box they set up for the 2003 NLCS wasn't bad.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The only word I can think of to describe the cackling witch in question would offend every single woman on SportsJournalists.com so I won't use it. I'm not a big fan of hers needless to say.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

pussycat?

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You're getting warm

7. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

I don't think the cacklin' witch is going anywhere for a very long time. :)

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Which is very unfortunate.

9. patchs

patchs Active Member

Dan Patrick was touching on this at the start of his show today, taking another opportunity to blast the BBWAA (HOF is his main gripe).
    Says he will discuss it in detail in the 2 pm EDT hour with Olbermann.
    Hope Keith knows what's going on and sticks up for the scribes.
    Or maybe someone on this board can call in and put pretty boy Dan in his place.
    1-888-729-3776, BTW.

10. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Weren't there problems there earlier in the year with rain or wind during a storm?
    EDIT: Not the Cardinals' fault, as "Winds near 80 mph blew out press box windows and ripped the tarp, injuring at least 30 people, five of whom were taken to hospitals, said Norm Corley, a supervisor with Accu-Care, which handles medical issues at the stadium."

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

dan patrick is a douchebag

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Call Us Next Tuesday. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted