1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BBQ sauce

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, May 20, 2017.

1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Did he get a call back? My pages always go unreturned.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Not because of the Cubs. 'Cause you're a douchecanoe.

Riptide likes this.
  3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I only eat bbq at selected restaurants. Can't remember ever having any at someone's house.

Pork? Not my cup o' tea. I'll try a rib once a year or so, but never that shredded mess.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You're awful picky for a fat guy!

5. SpeedTchr

Damn right. I reserve my eating for stuff I actually like!

dixiehack, QYFW and cjericho like this.
  6. SpeedTchr

You know what is really hard to get right? Chicken in the smoker. I love chicken. I would eat chicken damn near every day if I could. Wait, I do. But it is a rare day when I stumble upon a bbq spot that actually does chicken that is worth eating.

The best thing about chicken? No one on the fancy cooking shows ever wants it served raw. Big fan of meat that has to be cooked thoroughly.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Uh huh.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You should try an old leather shoe. Just douse it in Ketchup, cheaper than a well done steak.

9. SpeedTchr

You should just lick a duck's asshole and call it nouveau cuisine. Saves all the fiddling about at the fancy restaurants.

10. SpeedTchr

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

IMG_1569.PNG

Chef2, expendable, Buck and 1 other person like this.
  12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Barbecue pork, when it's done well (not well-done), is delicious. It doesn't have to be pulled (although that is common). But you're right in noting that barbecue pork, done well, isn't quite the accomplishment that brisket is, because pork is easy to do. With brisket, you have overlapping tissue with differing grain and texture, so getting that to come together properly is an absolute bitch. I've never had any luck with it.

SpeedTchr likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted