1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BBC's "The Hour"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Greenhorn, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Has anyone caught this show?

It is from last year, a BBC show about.....a fictional BBC news program called "The Hour." The story is set in 1956 during the Suez Crisis.

I'm only halfway through the series (it is six episodes) and its been fantastic.

Wire fans should note that Dominic West is one of the main characters (he plays the anchor) and the stunning Romola Garai plays the show's producer. Fans of the cool Daniel Craig flick "Layer Cake" will notice some actors from that movie in key roles.

The show is an interesting look at TV news and also manages to encompass a murder/conspiracy subplot.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It needed to try to do a little less and the payoff was silly (at least to me). But well acted, written and at times excellent.

3. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

it needed less of the cloak and dagger and more of trying to put together a news program without having any idea what a news program should look like. Overall I liked it though

4. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Hopefully, I will like the concluding episodes. It has been apparently picked up for a second season, er, series.

Draft saved Draft deleted