1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bayless: Jeter's juicing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Aug 22, 2012.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Sad but true, but the MLBPA carved that out the past two decades-plus.

Everyone's performances come into question. That said ... I'll be upset/dismayed/pissed if, because he plays for the team I follow the most and am a huge fan of, Trout is linked to any of this. I want to believe everything now is on the up-and-up. But it's hard not to cast a skeptical eye.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

There's a difference between casting a skeptical eye and insinuating something of which you have no proof.

3. MileHigh

Look, I want to believe everything is on the up-and-up, especially with the testing that has nabbed two in the heart of BALCO. But ... nothing surprises me anymore. Proof or otherwise.

4. Bubbler

I understand, but would you blurt out your suspicions on a national telecast without proof?

5. MileHigh

I'm not on a national telecast. I'm on sportsjournalists.com.

6. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

Oh, look, ESPN gets to have everybody talking about how crazy Skip is, then ESPNNewYork gets to run a story about Jeter's reaction to the manufactured story. How quaint and meta.

7. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

[​IMG]

They've been doing this for years.

8. Bubbler

(Sigh)

What I'm driving at is that if you were in Skip Bayless' shoes, would you make that claim without substantiation?

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

That's a myth ... one that I would be delighted to bust with Kari Byron, in the name of science. Science!

Draft saved Draft deleted