1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baton Rouge suggestions?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Jul 3, 2015.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

In town for a few days, need to entertain and be entertained, and fed. Any suggestions?

I know New Orleans, but not Red Stick.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Mansurs on the Boulevard to eat.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I love Fleur de lis Pizza.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Went to school at LSU but haven't been there regularly in almost 20 years now. The Chimes (at the gates of LSU on Highland Road) is a great place to go for beer hounds. Lots of odd imports available. They used to have a T-shirt they gave after you'd drank so many that said you'd been around the world at the Chimes.
    Right next door is the Varsity Theatre, which has a lot of live music.
    And, if you like chicken fingers, I believe the original Raising Cane's is still on the end of that block.
    Be careful of going too far past that, though. It gets pretty dicey pretty quickly.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Eat some gator sausage drink some crown royal.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Sonic. Corn dogs.

8. Key

Key Well-Known Member

The Capitol building has a nice view from the 27th floor. You can check out the bullet hole from where Gov. Huey Long was shot.

Mansur's is a good place. My current favorite, though, is Nino's, which is in a strip mall off Bluebonnet near the mall.

nino's italian. fine italian dining in baton rouge la

Draft saved Draft deleted