1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Batman RIP (no, no him. And not him. And not ours.)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Here's a news flash, DC (aka Warner Brothers), or for that matter, any comic company, is never, ever ever ever, going to conclusively kill off an iconic character which has generated hundreds of millions -- hell, billions, if you count total movie box office -- of dollars of revenue over the years.

Never, ever ever ever ever.

Therefore all these "Awesomely Conclusive Ultimate Final Crises" and "Death" storylines can all be laughed off. For Bats, Supes, or Spidey (I think Marvel had some semi-death of Spidey thing going a year or so ago).

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The best part is the promos for DC's Final Crisis miniseries, featuring the "Final Fate of the Dark Knight." Never mind that it won't be final. They have an entire Batman R.I.P. storyline in the Batman books, end it with an explosion with no body and then tell readers to pick up issue #8 of that clusterfuck of a miniseries to see what really happens to Batman.

Knightfall, the storyline in which Bane broke Batman's back, was much better than this, but neither is nearly as bad as Final Crisis. The sad part is the three previous DC "crisis" miniseries were outstanding.

And yes, Marvel did "kill" Spider-Man, then have him come back to life almost immediately. At least they didn't have him reveal his secret identity, then have him make a deal with the devil to put that little genie back in the bottle and undo his marriage to Mary Jane in the process....oh, wait...then did that, too...nevermind...

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I was worried about the dog.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm still worried about the dog. Poor little hairball just can't be happy dressed up like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted