1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Batman RIP (no, no him. And not him. And not ours.)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 30, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

No, really. (One SportsJournalists.commer just felt a cold wind across his grave.)

First Superman (he came back), then Captain America (still dead) and now Batman.
  2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Re: RIP Batman (The Comic Book Character)

Fuck, dude. This thread could have been about five or six different people. Care to update the thread title?
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

Re: Batman RIP

In this case, it's the comic book Batman, not one of the actors who played him. And not our Batman.
  4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Re: Batman RIP

Is D.C. out of ideas? Jeez.
  5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

They still print new editions?
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This storyline has been going on for a long time. I read the issue. Despite the name of the storyline, I never believed for a second that Bruce Wayne was dead. Even if the body does turn up in Final Crisis, I doubt they have the guts to make it temporary.

By the way, why are they posting this as news when the issue has been out since Wednesday?
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification, 2much. I was nervous there for a minute. Thought maybe some crazed soccer parent had finally decided to do me in :)

As for the comic, DC has done this several times as it finishes up a "Crisis" book. They kill off or send away a major character, like the Flash or someone, then bring him back after the Crisis is resolved by explaining it as a universe-wide reboot. Bruce Wayne may disappear for a while, but I seriously doubt he's gone for good.
  8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

There is no way this is a longterm character death.

Just the latest stunt to sell comic books, and the latest reminder of why I left my regular comic collecting days behind before I was old enough to drive.

9. andrews_mom

andrews_mom New Member

I heard batman's dad (he supposedly faked his death) is the one who "kills" him? I also heard they may make robin the new batman
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Both "killed off," supposedly stone cold dead.

Now both alive and well.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly. And in those cases, at least there was a dead body, which there is not in Batman R.I.P.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

I'm sorry, but the only person who should be allowed to take out Batsy is the Joker. End. Of. Story.
Draft saved Draft deleted