1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Batman Begins

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baloo, May 26, 2006.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I keep seeing references... is that little kid really supposed to be Dick Grayson or is everybody guessing?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's just a guess, but there's no reason for him to be in there, otherwise.

3. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Pretty impressive that Christian Bale was the kid in Empire of the Sun, playing a British youngster stuck in a Japanese prison camp.

4. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

He's a very good actor. He's got a kind of dark, twisted streak in him, which is perfect if you're playing Batman.
    Triva note: Christian Bale's stepmother is Gloria Steinem

5. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Worked pretty well for him in "American Psycho" too.

6. Baloo

Baloo Member

i didn't for a second make that connection with the young boy in the movie, but then i know v. little batman lore. But I really hope it wasn't foreshadowing - a) I like bale as Batman, no need to add a sidekick in the next movie and involve someone else, and b) I still have nightmares from the "batman& Robin" movie because of its epic crapiness. Bad acting, stupid script - just, horrible. So I say no to Robin, even in the hands of the people who brought us BB.

Bale was also really good as a bad guy in Shaft. Haven't seen the Machinist yet, but I want to.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The first 45 minutes is worthless, and Holmes was, is, and will be a joke . . . but more than OK, otherwise . . .

8. Starman

I think the appearance of Robin won't happen until late in the third movie. And he won't be a smart-aleck wise-ass.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

We need a film adaptation of Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. No half-assed attempts anymore. Give us the real thing.

10. Starman

I think "Begins" was pretty close.

Some of the really long, long-term spoiler/spec reports say that Warner Bros./DC intends both the Batman and Superman series to culminate in the third film of each series, in 2011-2013, based on the fundamental conflict between the philosophy of each character (Batman/brooding vigilante, Superman/establishment father figure), which was basically the plotline of "Dark Knight."

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

And those films will be overshadowed by "X-6: X-Men Entangled in Hugh Jackman's Claws."

And then the terrorists will have won.

12. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Isn't Batman like 50 or 60 years old in DKR?

Draft saved Draft deleted