1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Batman Begins

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baloo, May 26, 2006.

1. Baloo

Baloo Member

sure, but the rest of the cast is infinitely superior. Still, I thought it was sort of odd to end bb on a joker reference - why not have the very pretty dr. crane be the big villain in the next one? I hope he makes an apperance, anyway.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Fuckin' eh. This just made my day. I had no idea they were planning a sequel. I thought this was just a prequel to the series that started in the '90s, although after watching "Batman" recently, the two didn't exactly match up. Right on. I am stoked. Begins was top two or three in my movies list for last year. Easily the best Batman movie yet. I now can't wait.

Johnny Depp would be awesome as the Joker, may even give Nicholson a run for his money. I hope they keep it realistic. The last series was best in the first two when they kept it dark and serious. They ruined it after Tim Burton stopped directing.

3. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

If you watch "Gangster No. 1" and see how good and creepy Paul Bettany is in it, then you read "The Killing Joke" you will realize how perfect he would be as the Joker. Nicholson is great, but he chewed up so much scenery in the first Batman, it's a wonder he didn't lose teeth.

4. Baloo

Baloo Member

Hadn't even thought of bettany - he'd be excellent.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Crane/Scarecrow rode off on his horse after Rachel zapped him with the TASER!! the TASER!!! :D :D, as the unnamed little kid (Dick Grayson ;) looked on). He is still at large, as Gordon told Batman in the final scene.

One thing I read a couple months ago, was that one of the names under consideration for the Joker was...

Michael Keaton. :eek:

Now, THAT would be cool.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

You wanna get nuts? C'MON! Let's get nuts!

7. Baloo

Baloo Member

i respectfully disagree. I'd prefer someone who wasn't a part of the first batch of batman movies. I think bettany would be good, possibly this imdb guy.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Michael Keaton's still an actor? Who knew?

9. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Wouldn't say I've missed it, Mizzou. ;D

10. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

I had actually heard Sean Penn was considering playing The Joker, which would be pretty interesting.

11. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Sean Penn is too thick...the Joker has to be a tall lean guy...like Bettany or Adrien Brody or Crispen Glover or Hugo Weaving. And they need to play the Joker as a craaaazy guy....not funny, but full-on nuts.

12. Baloo

Baloo Member

speaking of sinking to bad movies, was glover the weird thin guy from charlie's angels?

Draft saved Draft deleted