1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Batman Begins Again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by tyler durden 71351, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I think that episode of Smallville a couple of weeks ago is close as we'll ever see to a JLA movie.

2. Baloo

Baloo Member

RokSki, did you ever watch Arrested Development? Jane had some pretty funny scenes as an actor whom Lindsay Bluth mistook for homeless.

Does anyone know if Cillian Murphy is returning in the second Batman Begins? He was great as scarecrow, and to my recollection didn't die at the end.

3. FWIW, Henry, my fave was Daredevil when I was a kid.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Thomas Jane was good in Punisher. So was Rebecca Romjin, though she's too hot for that character.

Too bad the rest of the movie flat-out sucked.

5. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

that movie was so bad, i can't tell who did any good and who was shitty.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The X-Men series is the most faithful to the source material. Whether that's a good or a bad thing, who knows.

I never smoked so much pot as I did on opening night of "Batman Returns." It's the only movie I've ever passed out during. But I always liked it the best of them all. I can't see another Batman wallowing in darkness and shit the way that one does.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's not even just the tone. Batman Begins was just a better movie. The peformances. Intelligently written script. Some dose of reality, and that's part of the draw of Batman. Take away all the gadgets and the costume and it's a human being with no super powers whatsoever.

Then again, I am a guy who prefers movies that keep the characters close to the source material. I'm even one of those people hated the idea of a 6-foot-2 actor playing Wolverine (He's supposed to be short, damnit), but Jackman won me over by doing such a good job with the role.

8. Herbert Anchovy

http://www.batman-on-film.com/historyofthebatman_burton_schumacher1.html

9. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Yeah, watching Jackman in the role of Wolvie, I completely forgot how short the Wolverine from the comic book was. Great friggin job by Jackman.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Umm they are, but it won't be live action. DC is doing a line of three direct to DVD movies, like Marvel, and one is based on New Frontier, the silver age graphic novel on the JLA. ALso included is the Death of Superman and a movie based on the Teen Titans cartoon show.
    My understanding was always that Marvel pushed the movies much harder since they needed the money, while DC was still making bank off the books and didn't need the quick cash.
    DC's characters are much more iconic.
    I've also heard that most of DC's characters are tied up in development deals, but for one reason or another have been languishing in production hell.
    On a side note: Has anyone actually seen the Justice League live-action pilot? It is supposed to be a riot, but I think all the copies have been destroyed.

11. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I hated the Punisher (Thomas Jane version) the first time I saw it, but watched it again and didn't take it so seriously and rather enjoyed it. It's not SO terrible. Not as horrible as the Dolph Lundgren Punisher movie. And nowhere near as bad as Catwoman. Worst. Comic. Book. Movie. Ever!

12. Herbert Anchovy

I'd like Marvel to hearken back to its earliest beginnings and issue a series of medieval adventure comics. It would be an interesting collectible.

Draft saved Draft deleted