1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Batman 3? (Dark Knight spoilers included)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by greenlantern, Jul 19, 2008.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised to see Penguin in the same film as Catwoman ... too much baggage from 'Returns.'

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They'll go to great lengths to avoid duplicating any of the pairings from the first series. That almost forces Riddler and Catwoman together by default.

I don't think we'll see Poison Ivy (too derivative of Catwoman) or Mr. Freeze (there is no such thing as a freezing-ray gun).

I could see BB IV being a transitional movie -- away from costumed villains and back to organized/corporate crime. Falcone and/or Maroni get out of prison, Earle returns to wreak havoc on Wayne Enterprises, and tuxedo-clad British exotic-bird smuggler Oswald Cobblepot joins the mix. A late subplot in this movie could cover brief glimpses of the Joker being treated in Arkham by behavioral therapist Harleen Quinzel.

Then, in BB V, the Joker breaks out of Arkham and goes wild, and disturbing clues start to surface that R'as Al Ghul may be back, too, the movie culminating in a showdown free-for-all.

3. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

I don't see Nolan, Bale or anyone else doing five movies. A third Batman film still hasn't been confirmed with Nolan in the mix.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Yeah, and it hasn't been confirmed that Tiger Woods will someday win another Major either.

5. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Philip Hoffman would be a fantastic Penguin.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I gotta go with Schiezainc, I'd be shocked if Nolan bolts after the success these two movies have had. I doubt he'll do five, but I'd be flabbergasted if he doesn't do a third.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Superman III.

Godfather III. (since some critics actually compared this one to GF II)

X-Men 3.

Spider-Man 3.

Ewoks.

Uh . . . . . maybe they could just kind of . . stop here?

8. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

Die Hard 3

Rocky 3

Elm Street 3: The Dream Warriors

Mission Impossible 3

Saw 3 (yeah, it's a stretch)

9. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Holy shit, what's wrong with the Ewok movies? I loved those when I was a kid and would buy both, right now, if they were in front of me and I was at a store.

10. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Nolan wasn't committed to doing a second Batman movie. He signed on because he loved the script so much. It would have to improve on Dark Knight, which will be a hard task.

11. I don't have time to google it right now, but I thought his brother wrote the script.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

According to IMDB, Nolan and his brother Jonathan wrote the screenplay together. Jonathan Nolan and David Goyer got "story" credits.

Draft saved Draft deleted