1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bathroom Attendants

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Nov 4, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I was in Cancun this summer, and it's still that way. Only there's like 5 or 6 of them in each bathroom. One of the cleanest public bathrooms I've ever used. Stall walls went damn near floor to ceiling. Little light above each stall letting you know if it was vacant or not. And as soon as someone left a stall, an attendant would hurry in and clean the toilet.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Balthasar is shit-canning its attendants.

http://t.nbcnews.com/business/restroom-attendants-demeaning-one-trendy-restaurant-flushing-them-8C11527618

"Class-based guilt" ... interesting take on that.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Keith McNally said he isn't firing them. His plan is to get rid of the bathroom attendants and reassign them to other jobs.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It would be unsettling to me to see a former bathroom attendant anywhere near my food.

I once went into a Subway to see guy cleaning the head only to come out and take my order. I just turned and walked out.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Even the best chef in the world take shits, and when they do, they occasionally use their hands when wiping.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Did you see him skip the washing of the hands part?

8. poindexter

Every sandwich artist I've seen wears gloves. Have for years.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I worry more about what the teenagers do to the food when people aren't looking than I am about what they do when I'm watching them.

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I can't speak for Hemingway, but myself, I try not to piss or shit on my hands.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

99% of the time, I'm washing my hands.

But some bathrooms -- and, they don't usually have attendants -- are so gross, I feel like I'll come out of there cleaner if I don't touch anything besides my dick.

12. poindexter

Good thing there is no heat or humidity in New York, so your groin package stays cool like the crisper part of the refrigerator all day. Certainly no sweating or anything else down there.

Draft saved Draft deleted