1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bat-Fans: Meooowwww.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/01/19/anne-hathaway-will-be-catwoman-in-the-dark-knight-rises/

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I'm there.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

In less exciting news: Tom Hardy will be Bane.

In Anne Hathaway news: She is being billed as Selina Kyle and it isn't clear yet if she'll be in costume for this movie.
    But meow anyway.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Well, that'll take care of any discussions of plot.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Starman

Well, this is the last movie in the Nolan series so I suspect a good deal of the plotline will involve Catwoman in costume (they can't be saving it for a sequel).

I am kind of astonished they are using the character of Bane -- I would have thought Nolan would avoid anything even remotely associated with the flaming festering disaster of "Batman and Robin" like the plague. And it's not like Bane is some crucial character for the Batman mythos.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hey, Batman and Robin wasn't festering!

Certainly was flaming, though.

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Selina Kyle.
    It's great to see that the chick on YouTube who's posted all kinds of cool rare Lone Justice/Maria McKee video has made something of herself.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Love the pick. Hathaway is gorgeous. Pretty good actress too...

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Plot? Why ruin it with a plot??

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Depends how they do Bane, who is a much more interesting character in the books than the mindless bruiser they played him as in "Batman and Robin."

But yeah, too many villains can always cause problems.

12. Starman

I would have thought they'd bring back Ras (and/or Talia). Of course, maybe they still will.

The Neeson lines in BB about Ras Al'Ghul being "immortal" had to have been thrown in for a reason. And we never did see a body.

Scarecrow will probably make a brief, semi-cameo appearance as well.

I still somehow have the feeling we haven't seen the last of Earle, the corporate CEO Bruce Wayne had to depose in BB.

And, I bet there will be some ominous references to The Joker, locked up in Arkham. He won't appear on camera but I would bet there will be a reference to his evil influences on events.

Draft saved Draft deleted