1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BASW 2010: Table of Contents

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Small Town Guy, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Every month when it arrives, my wife asks if I'm still shopping for ranches in Texas. I tell her she ought to read the damn thing. It's a terrific magazine.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I bought a subscription to Texas Monthly solely because its articles make BASW every year. Helps that I get it for $5. Worth that the first month.

3. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

Ditto.

4. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Echoes on TM. I used to get it just for Gary Cartwright on anything and that was a long time ago. I wish I had re-upped it. Stopped in a changed of address or something.

YHS, etc

5. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

That Marinovich story is impressive.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The Boyer story in Bicycling is really good too.

Of course, most stories about pedaling pedophiles are.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Pedaling Pedophiles is a fantastic fantasy team name.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Thank you! Please take solace in the fact that it doesn't continue for me either.....at least not in reality.

Fantasy, however, is a different story altogether. :D

9. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

It's certainly entertaining. But if that's one of the best from our profession in the past year ...

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

On a related note, I just noticed something sad.

I used to make it a point to buy the Poynter "Best Newspaper Writing" books that came out each year. They were terrific, because not only was there a variety of stories - from spot news to foreign reporting to project features - but they had interviews with the writers about their craft.

Looking around to catch up on my collection and bring it up to date, I noticed that Poynter hasn't published a new book since fall of 2008.

It appears the series is defunct.

:(

Draft saved Draft deleted