1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BASW 2008?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by WaylonJennings, Sep 15, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Franz Lids?

2. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

At first glance, think I've read six of them. (No, the Lidz story wasn't among them.) And if the other 23 match the quality of those pieces, this should be an outstanding collection.

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Hey, I typed quickly. One other note, this is hardcover. Hasn't it always just been paperback? It's 28 bucks. And sportsjournalists.com gets a thank you from Glenn in the Foreword.

4. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

I saw it in softcover in upstate New York yesterday.

5. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

This one should be fun, if not a little redundant. I read 14 of those stories when they were first published.

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

For those who didn't get their stories in, you might find your name here, in the Notables section:

Katie Arnold (Outside), Shalom Auslander (New Yorker), Kent Baab (The State - twice mentioned), H.G. Bissinger (Vanity Fair), Brad Bucholz (American Statesman Correspondent), Akiko Busch (NY Times Magazine), Bud Collins (Boston Globe), Matt Crossman (Sporting News), Christine Daniels (LA Times), Michael Di Gregorio (Mountain Bike), Bill Donahue (Runner's World), Wayne Drehs (ESPN.com), Jeff Eisenberg (Riverside Press Enterprise), Marc Emmons (San Jose Mercury News), Ian Frazier (Outside), Alex French (GQ), Mike Geffner (Billiards Digest), Sean Gregory (Time), Michael Hall (Texas Monthly), Eric Hansen (Outside), Bill Heavey (Field and Stream), Noah Isackson (Chicago), Robert Ito (Los Angeles Magazine), Chris Jones (Esquire), Pat Jordan (Playboy), Gare Joyce (ESPN.com), Dave Kindred (Golf Digest), Mark Kiszla (Denver Post), Matthew Klam (GQ), John Koblin (New York Observer), John Larison (Gray's Sporting Journal), Teresa Leo (American Poetry Review), Kevin Manhan (Newark Star Ledger), Ed Miller (The Virginian), Kyle Minor (Southern Review), Kevin Mitchell (The Saskatoon Star Phoenix), Matt Moore (The Referee), Cameron Morfit (Golf Magazine), Gary Myers (New York Daily News), Amy K. Nelson (ESPN.com), Ian O'Conner (The Bergen Record), Shannon Owens (Orlando Sentinel), Gwendolyn Oxenham (Notre Dame Review), Ben Paynter (The Pitch), Charlie Pierce (Slate.com), Bill Plaschke (LA Times), Terry Pluto (Cleveland Plain Dealer), Bill Reiter (Kansas City Star), Kevin Robbins (Austin American Statesman), Carlo Rotella (Boston Magazine), John Sahly (The Beacon), Dave Sheinin (Washington Post), Mike Sielski (The Bucks County Courier Times), Sydney Trent (Washington Post Magazine), Sydney Trent (Washington Post Magazine), Matt Tullis (Columbus Dispatch), Katy Vine (Texas Monthly), Evan West (Indianapolis Monthly), Sether Wickersham (ESPN the Magazine), Lauren Wilcox (Washington Post Magazine).

7. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

FotF = Susan Lucci

7 Notable, 0 Big Show

Sigh, etc

8. Jones

Jones Active Member

I think I'm a close second FoaF: 1-for-6.

A sincere thank you for your support, Glenn Stout.

Guest editors: Welcome to my jungle... You're going to diiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeee.

Except Mike Lupica. I thought he did a great job.

9. I think the vast majority of us would sell our souls for a "notable."

10. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Jennings,

Sell your soul? Bid low. I've put my notables up on eBay. Buy all seven and I'll throw in an executive jet.

YD&OHS, etc

Draft saved Draft deleted