1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Basketball practice is boring

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Someone up there was listening to me.

Not five minutes after I posted this, two players collided with one another head-to-head while going for a rebound and damn near knocked each other out. Neither was hurt seriously and neither is expected to miss any time, but it did shorten practice.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

You wouldn't be bored at my practices. I made my fifth graders run suicides after they were dicking around in the layup drill. I'm fucking hardcore.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Can you still call them suicides?

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sure. He runs them until the first guy's heart explodes. That's why he's so hardcore.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I actually wasn't going for the joke -- believe it or not. My cousin plays soccer and she no longer runs "suicides" because the school outlawed the phrase. I don't know what its replacement is.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

Sprints?

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think it was something more complex than that, but you might be right. I don't listen to her all that well. I'm a lousy cousin.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

I haven't seen either of my cousins in more than four years, so I'm not a great one, either. Then again, they live about seven hours away and are people I can only take in small doses.

Then again again, they might feel the same way about me.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I like this one, and her brother, too. But she's 18, the stereotypical blond, high school girl. She is a bit slow in the brain and spells everything short-handed online. They're cool kids, but are very sheltered so I've got to watch what I say, and they don't get subtle jokes. We're not that much alike. But their parents are kick-ass.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

We talkin' about practice, not a game, .. practice ... Allen Iverson

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I called it that by habit, but my wife informs me the new term is "rat races."

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's true. You can interview the players and even the manager during practice. So the access is great. But the practices are boring -- even for the participants.

Draft saved Draft deleted