1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Basketball Hall of Fame Class 2019

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Jan 2, 2019.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If Mitch Richmond made it, Hardaway is in., Paul Robeson (because he was a bad ass). A lot of announcers on that list who were way better announcers than some HOF players and coaches were players and coaches.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Mitch played juco ball where I went to high school. Can’t remember if I saw him play or not. It was a long-ass time ago.

3. DanOregon

I almost think the Basketball Hall is the toughest to judge because it is so much looser. A lot of "very good" players are in there.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

How the hell is mugsy Bogues even nominated?

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I've always thought the "it's not the hall of very good" arguments against some candidates was weird because it isn't the hall of great either.

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

So should Rudy T
    Chauncey is the most deserving of the Goin' to Work Pistons, but they have the same problem the 1984 Tigers did -- a lot of very good players but borderline Hall candidates

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

1. Remember, it isn't just the NBA Hall. 2. The standard has been in existence forever, and in this Hall's case, they chose what some (not me) call "very good" as worthy from the jump. 3. I sure hope Johnny Most gets in. The NBA needs to honor its relatively disreputable past.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Cry, Magic, cry.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He’s got fame from basketball.

10. DanOregon

Doesn't everyone from Space Jam get in?

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I think that Basketball Hall of Fame is the toughest because it tries to honor college, international and NBA players. So it becomes very hard to make some of the comparisons that can be made for the Pro Football or Major League Baseball Hall of Fames. For example, if the College and Pro Football Hall of Fame what would you do with all the Heisman Trophy winners that busted as pros. Would a guy like Archie Manning get in? Good pro and a great college quarterback who never won the Heisman. What about Pat Sullivan?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  12. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I think if Chauncey gets in I think he would be the first player who played his high school ball in Colorado to get in. Chauncey is far to young for me to have played pick up ball against. But I did play against Tom Chambers. Will he ever get any love?

Draft saved Draft deleted