1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Basketball Coach at Poin Files High School

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Cook, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

It's funny you say that ... at my last paper, a coach was caught jerking off in the parking lot of a strip mall, got fired but then rehired at a different school years later. I guess it was only icky for a short time.

2. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

I feel for the cop who encountered that scene, and for the 17-year-old. That couldn't have been good.

He "retired" today. I was interested to see what the superintendent -- who was my high school principal way back in the day -- was going to do because he was given a second chance after an OWI a couple of years back.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

It's really weird to me that John Wooden was from Martinsville. It's like that community used up all of its class in one fell swoop.

4. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I once made the drive to Martinsville to go to the Larry Bird Ford dealership and get a license plate holder and some key chains. Not exactly a scintillating story but saw "Martinsville" and figured I'd throw it out there.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

This is wrong on so many levels.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

It's a hotbed of racial tolerance.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

http://www.indystar.com/article/20120214/SPORTS02/120214032/Jerry-Sichting-named-interim-Martinsville-boys-basketball-coach?odyssey=tab%7Cmostpopular%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE

Replacing Wolf as interim coach is former Boston Celtic and longtime NBA assistant (and Martinsville native) Jerry Sichting. I believe that's called trading up.

Draft saved Draft deleted