1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Basketball box score question

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by swish, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Franklin

Franklin Member

what about rhombuses?

2. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

Hmmmm ... If I remember correctly, they're neither rectangles nor squares. Same with trapezoids. They're just quadrilaterals (quadrigram? I can't remember). I think rectangles are four 90-degree angles. Squares also must have four sides of equal length.

How did I do?

3. Franklin

Franklin Member

euclid couldn't have put it better.

4. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

Yes! (pumping arm a la Kirk Gibson)

5. Franklin

Franklin Member

strange but true: peter gammons' diamond notes segment on sportscenter was originally going to be called diamond rhombuses.

6. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

It would have been funnier if you wrote "Rhombus Notes."

7. Franklin

Franklin Member

that's what i meant. it was 2 in the morning.

8. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Also the case on a missed FT that is not in play, i.e., a missed technical or the missed first of two free throw attempts.

9. swish

swish New Member

one more...when a person is fouled in the act of shooting and misses the shot (ie. he gets two free throws), do you count the shot as a missed field goal or no? I know it of course counts if it's a make, but always have been unsure on the miss.

10. Franklin

Franklin Member

nope--no shot

11. slipshod

slipshod Member

Of course steals are turnovers. The ball turns over to the other team without a shot getting off. It's a turnover. Pretty simple.

Draft saved Draft deleted