1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Basic iPod Question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Jan 25, 2009.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I find those uncomfortable because I wear glasses. I bought a pair of Sony headphones (regular over the top of the head type) with sound reduction for about $ 80.00. Love them to death.

2. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I've pulled/damaged too many cords from the plugs and phones to merit spending big bucks on mine, too.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Depends on what you want. I spent a little over $100 (including tax) for this setup:

[​IMG]

Motorola iPod Bluetooth adapter/transmitter (the gray rectangular thing) and S9 Motorokr headphones. Usually can be found together at a warehouse club for a good discount compared to trying to get both separately. All the music, better sound quality, none of the wires. You can use the controls on the headphones to control the iPod, or use the iPod controls themselves for everything but volume. Also, if your cell phone has Bluetooth you can simultaneously link the headphones to both the iPod and your phone; the headphones have a microphone built in and will feed the incoming call to the left ear.

Webster, you probably won't like them because they fit in the ears. But if you want to use your iPod while you exercise, this is the best solution I've found.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of my Shures, but they're not cheap, and it took me a while to get them fitted properly.

5. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

These are what I use.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-HS43-Clip-Headphones-System/dp/B0001IXUEE

Earbuds can suck it. I hate those things.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

If you're talking quality/price ratio, the basic Sony earbuds CANNOT be beat.

[​IMG]

They'll run you about $10 -- actually, they're on sale at Amazon for $5.99 -- and sound fantastic, worlds better than that Apple garbage. I swear by these things and probably have a half-dozen strewn out around the apartment, car, newsroom, etc.

7. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Go to store that both lets you try them on and hear sound through them. I'm sure you can find something comfortable that sounds good for under $100.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

What's an iPod?

I still groove to my headphone RADIO!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

I subscribe to This American Life and have come across Sound Opinions -- an hour-long music podcast by the rock critics from the Chicago Tribune and Sun-Times -- lately. I'll second those old Ricky Gervais shows. Like The Office, there are only a few episodes, but they are classic.

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I have one podcast that I subscribe to for Rachel Maddow's show.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'll echo the endorsement of the Shure headphones, and you can get them for well under $100.

If you definitely don't want in-ear, my JVC noise-canceling headphones are the best I've ever used by far, and ran about $100.

I used to listen to Tony Kornheiser's radio show in the podcast version and have been waiting patiently for him to return, but apparently he (or the radio station) pulled the plug. I figured he'd give up MNF before he'd give up the radio show.

12. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

not to threadjack, but has anybody dealt with an Ipod that died. Who works on them? And how much would be a reasonable amount to pay?

Draft saved Draft deleted