1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball's coolest player

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Sep 10, 2008.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Yeah, I had this game for Genesis called Hardball 3, I believe, I had played 156 games with the Braves and was something like 120-36 and was all excited to play a whole season and he erased it to play with the goddamn Blue Jays.

2. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Coolest player? That's easy - Ted Williams.

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Should've played Triple Play '96, instead. I think I had about 300 SBs with Brian McRae on that ridiculous game.

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

By the way, Brian McRae ... NOT baseball's coolest player.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i bet mcrae remembers the titans, though.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Because he hit .406 or because he's frozen?

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I think I did play that at one time. The problem is none of the baseball games were ever any good and a season is just way too long.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I really liked Triple Play 2001 for Playstation. The Home Run Derby was the best. You could play inside a house and break dishes. The commentary ruled.

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

That was a decent game. I actually bought the college baseball game that came out a few years back, what a piece of shit game, they only had like 8 stadiums.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

Dick or Richie Allen was ALWAYS cool. Got a bad rap during a time of racial problems in Philly but ask Philly Daily News columnist Bill Conlin about him and he'll tell you, Richie was, and is, cool.

Draft saved Draft deleted