1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball's Code of Retribution

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by tapintoamerica, Jun 5, 2008.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

[/Anchorman]

Nice.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Sending him down to Pawtucket doesn't negate a suspension, does it? He'd just have to serve it whenever he got called back up, I thought.

Also, I doubt there's anything that can be done, but it's really rather unfair that a pitcher gets a suspension that keeps him out for one start (because he'll drop the appeal after his next start) and the position players get suspensions that cost them four or five. I know MLB can't suspend a guy for 20 games to make sure he misses four starts or whatever. Still.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Yeah, but missing one start IS equivalent to missing five games as a position player, deskslave.

It doesn't matter that a starter is only going to miss one actual game, because 1/34 (0.02941) is almost exactly the same as 5/162 (0.03086). It's the same type of punishment. Not unfair at all.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Yeah, I suppose that's true.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I'm still not entirely clear on why Iwamura was suspended, though. Was he particularly involved in the fight? Or did he get dunned for the stuff from the night before? Would seem strange to punish someone because he did something Wednesday that escalated Thursday.

6. StevieNicks

StevieNicks Member

I've been reading this board for years, and in all that time I thought you were a dude. Who would have thunk?

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeaaaaah, I knew you'd been reading this board for years, babe. Not posting too much, though.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

She needs something to do, what now 60, besides the 'ludes and horse tranquilizers. Might as well read this board.

9. StevieNicks

StevieNicks Member

You know, you guys kind of intimidated me ... especially you folks with high post counts. So I just lurked until lately. This isn't the hellish nightmare I anticipated, though.

So you are a dude?

10. StevieNicks

StevieNicks Member

And don't forget, I was the inspiration for Alvin, Theodore and Simon.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Jury's still out on that one.

You once brung it Stevie, in a big way, don't hang your hat on the Chipmunks.

12. StevieNicks

StevieNicks Member

They are cute little bastards, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted