1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball's biggest miscreants

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 17, 2007.

?

Which of these players has caused the biggest headaches?

1. Albert Belle

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  2. Vince Coleman

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Elijah Dukes

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  4. Milton Bradley

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. Jose Canseco

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  6. Pete Rose

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  7. Ty Cobb

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  8. John Rocker

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  9. Delmon & Dmitri Young

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

On Belle: Jojuan Albert Belle is a dual figure in my head. While in college, I finagled a credential to Jacobs Field during its inaugural season. Met Belle and Baerga in the clubhouse after the game. Both pegged me as not the usual media. I told them school paper I'm from, obstensibly to do a story on alum whose with the organization (though, really just because I'm a fan and was able to get the media pass). Belle's eyes popped, starting asking me about our basketball coach and the program. He, in particular, was very cool. And I still think he gets a bum rap on the Fernando Vina collision.

Then, there's Joey, who chased the trick-or-treaters, was charged with domestic abuse, had serious anger management issues, obviously corked a bat.

Dude had (has) problems, starting with being a recovering alcoholic and being just an angry, angry individual. One of the most feared batters of his era, yet one of the least liked. Sound familiar?

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Carlos Zambrano was going to try to whip someone with his belt during the brawl the other day. :)

Oh, and don't forget Frankie Francisco, who once threw a chair at someone during a brawl.

Or Izzy Alcantara, who once got hit by a pitch at AAA Pawtucket and, before charging the mound, he karate kicked the opposing catcher in the chest to make sure he would get to the pitcher without getting tackled from behind.

None are on the level of Cobb or Urbina, but all are amusing.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Just trying to beat a few posters to the punch...

[​IMG] [​IMG] ;D

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Having been around Cleveland when Milton Bradley was there, I'll go with him. Just a real jerkoff and angry, angry man.

Gary Sheffield says this guy needs to chill. [jimrome]

Could go with Joey Belle, Hannah Storm (yum) would.

Draft saved Draft deleted