1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Writers Needed for RotoInfo.com

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by zooped, Feb 28, 2011.

1. zooped

zooped New Member

No problem Jon, Sorry about that - we have gotten swamped with responses we are still sorting them out by team request.

By Monday we hope to be sending out offers and contracts - if you like you can PM me and I'll give you my personal email and phone number so I can field whatever questions you may have.

Mark

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Way to dodge the question. Did you do this last year? If so, what was the average pay the writers received?

Wanna know why we're asking these questions? Because three 750-word stories a week is a LOT of work to do basically on spec.

Using the numbers you cited (revenue of $4 - $7 per day) at 10 percent that's a $2.80 to $4.90 a week for the writer. For a minimum of 2,250 words.

3. zooped

zooped New Member

No questions were dodged - I stated "We honestly do not know" - We never ran this type of campaign before.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

So there you go folks, a generous estimate says you can make up to $5 a week to write 2,250 words. Thank you Zooped for this tremendous opportunity. Seriously though, anyone who needs the five bucks that badly can PM me. I need some help creating a customized blog layout on posterous. All it takes is some copy and pasting and very little HTML knowledge. I'm too lazy to do it myself. Should take you an hour and I'll pay $25 bucks. That's equivalent to more than a month of work with Zooped.

5. zooped

zooped New Member

Official press release for our new format

March 31, 2011

NEW YORK-- Free Fantasy sports website Rotoinfo.com is proud to announce coverage of all 30 MLB baseball teams this upcoming season

Rotoinfo.com, a member of the Fantasy Sports Trade Association, is fast becoming the premier fantasy sports site for breaking news, besting the compeition by an average of five minutes per story. In addition to breaking news, Rotoinfo.com has added daily MLB lineup and weather reports which are both the fastest on the web.

In addition to that coverage, Rotoinfo.com is offering individual team blogs for all 30 major league squads. The stable of writers who have joined Rotoinfo.com is impressive and includes experienced baseball journalists such as Joe Haakenson (who has been a voter for the Baseball Hall of Fame since 1998 and annually votes for the single-season awards like MVP, Cy Young, Manager and Rookie of the Year covering the Los Angeles Angels) and Ray Flowers (the host of The Fantasy Drive on Sirius 211, XM 147 who will be covering the San Francisco Giants). To compliment the articles posted by writers, our team blog areas will include game day lineups, pitch by pitch box scores and up to the minute player news covering injuries, transactions and players statistical date

Other features on the website include forums, e-mail alerts and suggestions, user comments, connections to social networks like Twitter and Facebook, user submitted news and a new bookmarking icon for easy submitted news capabilities.

Rotoinfo.com is making a serious push to be the most interactive fantasy news site on the web. Rotoinfo.com is looking to expand on its sports coverage with NHL, NASCAR, PGA and college sports to be added in the near future.

The Rotoinfo.com team is taking every necessary step to become the first name in fantasy sports so be sure to take advantage of all the tools readily available at your finger tips that Rotoinfo.com provides!

For additional information on rotoinfo.com, feel free to e-mail us at rotoinfo@gmail.com or visit http://www.rotoinfo.com

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Did you really spell competition wrong in the press release and forget the period after the first sentence?

This is a joke right?

!

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I think it's funny that someone who doesn't want to have to pay for MLB's product is angry at a website that gives its product away for free. This is what free buys.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'm just a little angry because I only wanted to listen to the Tiger's game because it was opening day. I'll probably never use the service so, the $19.99 is not a smart financial decision on my part. That's all.

9. TheSportsPredictor

The guy who took the RotoInfo position for the Indians works for Cleveland's sports radio station, so they're attracting people who aren't sitting on their couches.

10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Just people who want to make $5 a month.

11. TheSportsPredictor

Their choice.

Draft saved Draft deleted