1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball writer, Northwest News Group

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by steveu, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

You got that right. Had that same kind of frustration on an NFL beat years ago being the lone dog in a fight with a bunch of big dogs from a behemoth paper (aw, crap, bad analogy, but you get what I mean). It beat the crap out of having to sit through private school football games, or, worse yet, the Sunday night slot, but it had its frustrations, too. But would I recommend it? If you're young and single and not afraid to get your head beat in every day by the Tribune, heck, yes. You could do a lot worse.

2. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Since Vorva was one of the guys fired by the Southtown, my guess is that a pay cut is better than no pay at all. However, he worked there before. Don't know if they take back folks who left.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Stand by. This job may be filled already, and not by me. My pipeline, rusty as it is, hears someone is leaving a paper in Holland to take a job in the Crystal Lake area. I don't know if it's a copy editor job or not. If I hear anything I'll keep the board posted.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Holland, Mich.?

5. MrBigShot

MrBigShot New Member

Someone from Holland is leaving, but for the copy editor's spot

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Then your pipeline has less rust than mine. I was wondering if there was an open copy editor spot.

OK, everyone! Carry on and send your resumes!

7. Bears00

Bears00 Member

Anything new going on here?

Draft saved Draft deleted