1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball withdrawals

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Shoeless Joe, Dec 16, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

The fact Zeke didn't start this thread is the upset of the year.

2. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

I really don't care for baseball, though I prefer it over football. I guess. Maybe. I do like covering baseball, but there's no way you'll find me watching a baseball game unless I have to. Too long, too boring.

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Don't miss it - although the MLB Network is great with the old games - but I do miss the NBA when it ends. I won't start a thread in June, though, as my pain would be met with mockery, or, more likely and worse, apathy.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I just think it's funny that Shoeless Joe started a thread about baseball withdrawals.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Back when I was a kid and a teen, I used to get baseball withdrawals that would only be calmed by watching baseball movies during the winter.

Now, with classic games being televised, I don't feel the withdrawals as much. I still always feel a little sad around the end of September and October, though. I chalk it up to reading 'Boys of Summer' and remembering that Roger Kahn's father died right after the World Series, and how it seems the years go by really fast now.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Some Kelloggs cereals are giving away DVDs. I just got Eight Men Out a couple weeks ago and before that Hoosiers. Still have both on VHS, but figured it was a pretty good deal - buy a few boxes of frosted mini wheats and get a DVD. i think most boxes have 2 coins on them and you need 5 for a DVD. they also have Rocky II and Sandlot and 4 or 5 romantic comedies.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Right?

Someone told me the Caribbean Series is going to be on MLB Network and start soon.

Anyone?

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Who's the favorite?

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This is the same withdrawal I have after the end of the Stanley Cup Final.

And when I turn on a baseball game I think, "Thank God I'm rid of Pierre McGuire" and then I get Tim McCarver and Joe Morgan :)

At least hockey games are over in 2 1/2 hours.

10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Yes, but the next season starts three weeks later.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Jim Balsillie is going to try and move them to Winnipeg?

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

That would be a hundred different levels of awesome wrapped up in one glorious shit show.

Draft saved Draft deleted