1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball WC Race prediction/discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SkiptomyLou, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkiptomyLou

SkiptomyLou Member

How do you guys see them playing out with (after today) 3 games left on the season?

If the Yankees hold on, the Red Sox and Rays are tied atop the AL WC race. The Rays have 3 left with the Yanks while the Red Sox play 3 against the O's.

My take: I just can't see the Rays surpassing the Sox. Not with the schedule the way it is. Not unless the Yankees decide they don't want to win, and Yankee pride and arrogance won't let them do it. Red Sox win the WC by 2 games.

Braves lead the Cards by 1 game. Braves play the Phils at home while the Cards travel to Houston. These are the pitching matchups and my take on them followed my predictions.

Cards vs Astros
    Jaime Garcia (13-7, 3.45) vs Wandy Rodriguez (11-11, 3.51)

Jaime has pitched well lately and Wandy never seems to get the better end vs the Cards. Advantage: ST LOUIS

Jake Westbrook (12-9, 4.48) vs Henry Sosa (3-5, 4.68)

Sosa has been horrible lately. That's because he's a horrible pitcher. Westbrook is also horrible but has been less so recently. Advantage: ST LOUIS

Carpenter vs. Myers
    I don't even have to put numbers here. The Stros have no shot. Advantage: ST LOUIS

Braves vs Phils

Lee vs. Delgado

Lee has been unhittable lately, while Delgado is a rookie. ADVANTAGE: PHILLY

Oswalt vs. Lowe

Is this a joke??? Philly

Hudson vs Hamels

Hudson has been horrible until his last start. Advantage Philly

St Louis takes it by 2 games

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Take it to the baseball thread and have a nice choke day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.