1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Trivia?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Jul 12, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wow. Barker pitched for the Expos?

Fuck you Buckdubs for answering my trivia question with a correct answer that wasn't the one I had in mind!!!

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Mitch Williams.

What did he do for the first time when he pitched in the 9th inning against the Blue Jays in the 1993 World Series, Game 6. Besides the obvious of giving up the GW-HR.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I believe both pitchers retired Alfredo Griffin for the final out of their perfect games.

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

No...this is actually one of the things he did for the first time in his CAREER.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

If that's true, you are the newest person on my shit list, replacing Buckdubs. :D

Upon further investigation, it is not correct. So you are not on my shit list for answering my question with a correct answer I was not seeking.

Am I stumping Micro and Buckdubs, the old-time baseball whizzes of the site? Kick ass!!!! :D

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Buckdub = FRAUD!!!!!! :D :D :D

I'll see if Micro comes back tonight and takes another guess before I give the answer.

Buckdummy!!! That's your new name!!!!

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh I'm sorry, my question occured before 1854, so SABR4Kidz doesn't deign to answer it. :D :D :D

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

But you admitted it was wrong! Barker never pitched for the Expos! FRAUD!!!!

I am so smart, I am so smart, s-m-r-t smart!!!

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Shut up!!!!

10. micropolitan guy

dUH.

Ron Hassey was the catcher for both games. Only guy to catch two perfect games, I think.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Micro beats SABR4Kidz! Good work.

12. micropolitan guy

The only major-league player to play for the same franchise in three different cities was ...

Draft saved Draft deleted