1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread VI

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If that were a rule, both the Yankees and Dodgers would have been Triple-A teams this season.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Dodgers don't deserve MLB status right now.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

A soccer-like relegation plan would not work. The AAA teams are all associated with MLB teams. If one gets promoted, does the parent club lose all of its prospects? The MLB cities involved would never let it happen.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Very true.

But they could do this: the worst team in the league has to promote all of its AAA players the next year and demote all of its Major League players.

Of course, the union will never let that happen.

5. ajp1984

ajp1984 Member

Tigers should at least have three All-Stars: Rogers, Verlander and Ordonez. That said, Ordonez probably won't get the nod from Ozzie. But the Tigers easily could make a case for another arm on the team -- heck, Robertson is 8-3 with a 3.14 ERA and Bonderman's been a stud, too. And Zumaya and Rodney out of the bullpen wouldn't be charity picks, either.

6. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Let me repeat a comment I made after Game 1 of the Red Sox-Mets series (and you can look it up, Casey) ... These Mets are clearly intimidated by Fenway and we're looking at a possible sweep. And beyond the Fenway factor, the Sox are simply a better team.

And yes, Lastings Milledge belongs in Triple A.

7. Bears00

Bears00 Member

Is Milledge on drugs? He looked like a third-grader on those misplayed flyballs.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

No doubt Milledge goes back to Norfolk, where be belongs, as soon as Foyd is ready to play...Saturday? He has been brutal in the ooutfield at Fenway.

Meanwhile, Pedro admitted he got so caught up in basking in the reception from the fans that he "wasn't mentally ready to pitch." He also brushed it off as one game in June that didn't mean that much and claimed it was a good night anyway because the Fenway fans love him.
    Not sure I like that attitude.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

No comments on A-Rod's extra innings two-run home run to win the game last night?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Does anybody even like A-Rod? It's only when he fails that the comments start. I'm always amazed at the hatred that guy seems to inspire.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

All I have heard is that A-Rod will ALWAYS fail in that situation. So, I want to know why nobody has mentioned it yet.

Don't know. They still have 86-games left to play before the playoffs start.

Currently, the Yankees have a better record than the AL West first place tea, Oakland A's. The Wild Card, currently, looks to be going to a team from the AL Central. Still, 86-games need to be played before that is determined.

12. Jason Bay is killing me.

Draft saved Draft deleted