1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread VI

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And he'll do it while he helps Texas win a World Series. Meanwhile the Cubs continue to fuck up year after year after year after year

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Re: Kendrick, I wondered whether they kept him down, then promoted Aybar simply to showcase Aybar to other teams for trade purposes. That didn't fly, though, as Aybar has two at-bats since getting called up on Saturday.

Maybe they're just trading to trade Kennedy at this point?

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

You think Glavine (11-2, 3.33) and Pedro (7-3, 3.01) figure into this group?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

And once again, a top-5 list invariably includes at least 10 entries.

5. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Certainly seems to me the Mets were quite iintimidated by Fenway Park and that the Red Sox are capable of a sweep. Unless kast night could simply be blamed on Alay Soler, with a little help from Lastings Milledge. It will be initeresting to see if Pedro can change things tonight.

And I must admit, Joe Mauer is incredible. Sorry spnited.      

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

50-31 but your point remains valid.

7. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see ESPN mixing it up a bit with Mets-Red Sox tonight and, um, let's see, Mets-Red Sox tomorrow night.

F*ck you ESPN! Enough already!

Sorry had to get that out of my system ...

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Pick your game from tonight's schedule:

Mets-Red Sox (Pedro returns to Fenway)
    ChiSox-Prates
    Devil Rays-Marlins
    Phils-O's
    Nats-Jays
    Royals-Reds
    Indians-Cards

Or tomorrow night:
    Mets-Red Sox (Glavine vs. Schilling)
    Phils-O's
    Nats-Jays
    Royals-Reds

You're right. Enough of showing the best game of the night. I need to see those red-hot Royals ::)

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In a shocking development, it's raining here in Boston. Gonna rain tomorrow, too. Now they'll play these two puppies no matter what, but there's a very good chance that ESPN's backuo games will be on during lengthy rain delays and that the marquee starting pitchers will get early nights off for health and safety reasons.

10. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Those are some good numbers Oz, but let's not forget Kansas City being 8-5 against the NL Central this year, including 8-2 in the last 10 games. That tells you just how stinkin' awful the NL Central really is.

Is the AL Central the best division in baseball right now?

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a stat about no team with a former cubs player had ever won a world series?

12. pallister

pallister Guest

But they haven't been featured prominently on ESPN lately or play for the Mets, Red Sox or Twins (Hi, Zeke). ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted