1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread V

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Who besides Fielder do I have to hex to get my boy Zimmerman the NL ROY?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I didn't realize until today he had 44 RBI. Very impressive.

Uggla from the Marlins, who never played above Double-A before this year, looks like the one to beat in the NL. And just think: If Pokey Reese hadn't bolted camp out of nowhere late, Uggla would be splitting time with Reese or playing everyday in Triple-A.

3. Dan Uggla may be the front runner. Zimmerman is running third.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

They flashed one of those "over the past 30 games" kind of stats today about Zimmerman. He was in the low .240s for a while and is now about .280 and looking much more comfortable at the plate.   Really good glove, too.

Forgot about Uggla, who had a couple of big games against the Nats earlier. Tried to purge him from my mind.

Lou, I assume the third is behind Fielder as well?

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Brandon Fahey has been killing the Mets.

6. Grey Goose has been killing my liver

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Which is really funny since he weighs about 125 lbs and looks 14.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I knew the Mets shouldn't have included him in the Benson trade. Fahey was the bat boy to be named later.

After spending two weeks pimp-slapping the National League, the Mets have managed 10 hits in two games against the mighty Orioles pitching staff.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good for Kris Benson and Jim Duquette. In this season of Metgasms, it's nice to see a couple good, albeit completely trampled, guys get a little satisfaction.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Gary Cohen and Ron Darling brought that point up during the broadcast, noting that the trade took Benson by surprise.

I truly believe that had Kris distanced himself from his wife, Minaya--hell, that's not true. The Wilpons-- would not have traded him.

11. Dan Johnson of the A's has to be added to the list of AL ROY candidates. The first couple of months of the season he was a complete bust. He was hitting just .196 going into the month of June but what a June he's having. For the month he's batting .429 with an OPS of 1.301. His BA is up to .250 and climbing fast.

BTW - do you think Anna Benson gave her hubby anything "special" for beating the Mets yesterday?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.