1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread V

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Boy, it's getting bad in Atlanta.

2. The Angels demote Jared Weaver to Salt Lake

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AkljQuWajuyReuZm2hyRtlsRvLYF?slug=ap-angels-colon&prov=ap&type=lgns

Couple of points;

1. I agree with others who have suggested that maybe the best answer would have been to go with a 6-man rotation for now. The Angels just demoted their best pitcher. How does that help them win?

2. I'm guessing that Colon will be bad in his first couple of outings and that will make this move look even worse.

3. For those who took Jared Weaver in fantasy baseball leagues

[​IMG]

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

But Bronson Arroyo will never be able to divide by zero.

4. Great video of bat boy tackling idiot who ran onto the field from the other night

5. Quick question - is Francisco Liriano eligible for the AL ROY?

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Absolutely. He did not come up to the Twins until after Sept. 1 last year and pitched only 23  innings.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/l/liriafr01.shtml

7. He's going to make it a race with Papelbon.

8. leo1

leo1 Active Member

yes. he pitched 23 innings last year and was only on the roster for about a month.

heck, if he keeps up this pace, he'll not only be ROY, he'll be cy young. i guess we'll see what he does when he starts facing teams the second time around, but so far he's been unbelievable. he's the first highly touted twins prospect in years to actually pan out. as a twins fan, i sure like the top of the rotation of the future with santana and liriano 1-2. now if baker, who they liked more than liriano at one point, could get his shit together, the twins might be back in a year or two (assuming they get another couple of bats).

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Verlander could make a run too.

10. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Why would you assume that all those guys -- or anyone else, for that matter -- are clean?

11. Scott Podsednik's wife - ella tiene pechos muy agradables!!

http://www.celebstation.org/models/lisa_dergan/lisa_dergan-8.jpg

12. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I wasn't surprised, but that needed a NSFW label. (And I did Babelfish the Spanish stuff, which is kind of a hint.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.