1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread V

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Mayor Merloni,

I am beyond outraged at your sig, comparing Bronson Arroyo to Jesus Christ.

It took Christ three days to rise from the dead. Bronson Arroyo needs only three innings.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Bronson Arroyo's tears cure cancer. Too bad Bronson Arroyo never cries.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

What about Jason Bay? [/looser fanboy]

4. casty33

casty33 Active Member

I still say Milledge goes to Norfolk when Nady is ready to play.

David Wright is a fun player to watch and a talented kid, but putting this MVP talk on him in June is a bit premature, I believe.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

AP is reporting that Dusty Baker is still a fucking idiot.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

I was convinced Milledge was staying until the last two days. Now, there is no way they don't send him down after his not hustling on the bases and getting thrown out at the plate -- even though the Mets had a 9-3 lead -- on Wednesday night and then showing up at the ballpark at 11:55 for a 1:10 game on Thursday afternoon.
    The kid has a lot of growing up to do.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

This is true and it doesn't look like Dmitri Young will be back anytime soon (but then he was only hitting .100 or something like that).

The last few games the Tigers have been less reliant on HRs and have been manufacturing runs.

And as good as the bullpen has been this year, they need to figure out what to do with Todd Jones, who hasn't been very effective three of his last four appearances.

8. Jason Bay - definately belongs in the discussion as does Nick Swisher.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

1. ARod
    2. Soriano
    3. Beltran
    4. Bay
    5. Berkman

10. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Except for power, Ichiro is on that list. Better defensive player than all five.

11. Vernon Wells belongs in the discussion as well. I agree with Ichiro also being on the list. Remember this is an all-around player list and Ichiro's arm strenth is Dwight Evansesque

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Ichiro is my favorite player.
    It's looking increasingly unlikely that Hamels kid (toasted by the Rays! tonight) will replace him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.