1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread V

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It should be noted that Hendrickson was leading the AL in road ERA at the time of the trade with a 2.20 mark. That's pretty good.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Hendrickson has a whole career of mediocrity to back up that he is mediocre.

Maybe he found some magic beans (HGH) this year.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not sure, but I heard that $4 million is free to leave via free agency after this season.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Uh-oh. Never say never. Although i understand the Marlins haven't given up on getting a new stadium, and would probably want at least one marquee name to put on the new marquee.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Don't let Lee Jackson bother you. He's clearly an asshole and has a bigtime inferiority complex.

That's what this place has become sometimes. It used to be people could come here and not worry about shit like this, then people like LJ come along and ruin a good time for everyone (all because he's threatened by you).

Don't change a thing, casty. And everyone except LJ feels that way.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I dropped this 16 hours ago. You apparently haven't. That's your problem, not mine.

I know how you feel. You even sent me a few valentines to tell me what an asshole I am. It's so noted.

So let it slide, everyone else has.

Hendrickson clearly chose the wrong sport, by the way.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Tell him to shut the fuck up.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Tried to be civil. I won't post the message but you get the gist. I don't even have a problem with this person.

So it goes.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

They'll just be keeping pace. The White Sox are already pounding the life out of the Pirates, and the Tigers are going to blast the Rocket out of the building.

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

And he kicks the door wide open ...

Sox up 3-0 after almost going yard. Pirates are flailing away. Good view of Pittsburgh, though.

11. Hank_Scorpio

Well, so far, the Rocket is doing ok. Only allowed one hit and has gotten a lot of ground ball outs.

0-0 bottom of fourth

12. Hank_Scorpio

Clemens has thrown just 34 pitches through four innings. That should help that Houston bullpen.

Still 0-0 after top of five.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.