1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread V

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It has become accepted that after 40 or so pages that it is time for a new thread. So....

The last thread saw Allard baird finally being replaced in KC. We saw Pedro have his first winless month of his career. We learned that Mike Mussina became the first Yankees pitcher to lose a shutout bid on a two-out, unearned run in the ninth inning since Catfish Hunter in 1975. There was a good discussion about MVP voting but there was also about 10 pages of Nationals play by play by some obsessed fan.

Will this new thread see the firing of either Jim Bowden in Washington or Dusty Baker in Chicago?

I would also like to mention this quote from someone I will leave nameless:

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And YOU got sent back to AAA!

3. That's just a temporary setback.

Besides I like Buffalo.

4. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

My, oh my, will the Indians please wake up.

5. Oh - I almost forgot 2 more things:

Casty and I both thought that Lastings Milledge was over-hyped but his hot start made us look dumb. Who looks dumb now?

Also - we came to a consensus that Joe Mauer is hitting a "soft" .388

6. It should also be mentioned that Moddy would feel like a winner if he had 9 Johnsons.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I told you the A's were playing possum.

Look who's made up 5 games in 10 days, just swept the Yankees, and now sits half a game back of the Rangers. The AL West is the A's to lose. The Rangers pitchers are just too intimidated by their own ballpark.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

First of all... there is NOTHING wrong with Milledge's first 50 ABs in the majors.

Second, did you post how much you were looking "dumb" at that time you are referencing?

I didn't think so. So disingenuous.

9. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

And post the date when I said it. At the time that was the only reason they were winning. Delgado went through a 5-for-59 stretch or something to where his average dipped into the .240s and so did Reyes. David Wright completely saved their asses offensively and they got some great pitching. Pedro, despite going winless for May pitched exceptional and had two starts when he didn't give up a run.

Now they have warmed up considerably. They were able to win games during a difficult cold streak in the lineup.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

naf... Lou does misleading, disingenuous, out of context and dumb.

That's his gig.

Don't spend half a breath worrying about him (or her, I suppose).

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Nine Nick Johnsons or nine Randy Johnsons?

At my age, any spare Johnson is good.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Moddy could make a lot of money with nine Johnsons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.