1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread Rated X -- Mature Audiences Only

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wang had only 76 strikeouts this year? That seems so abnormal.

But I love watching him pitch. He's reminds me very much of Greg Maddux in the way he manipulates the ball and the plate.

2. Songbird

That Yanks cap seems unnatural on Denzel's head. Terrible job bending the brim.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ok...maybe y'all shouldn't have let me on the Twins' bandwagon. :(

4. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Leyland should have yanked Robertson after he let Damon get away with two outs in the 6th, especially since he had given up 5 runs already. Instead, he gave up two more. If not for those, the Tigers would be right in this thing now.

I also hated Leyland having Pudge fake a bunt to draw A-Rod in at third, THEN double-stealing in the 2nd. Hello? Doesn't it make more sense to try the double-steal when A-Rod is playing back?

At least the Tigers didn't crumble after falling behind 5-0 in the 3rd inning.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yankees fans, just curious, is Myers on a six-pitch limit every time he comes into a game? Because it sure seems that way every time I see him. Dude never breaks a sweat, while Proctor and Villone can throw 200-plus innings if that's what the Yankees need to win games.

6. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

He's a situational lefty reliever, called on usually to get one or two batters at most.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Myers pitches to lefties only, usually no more than 2 batters

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That's what I figured, but a lot of teams won't take the situational lefty role quite so literally.

9. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

As if the Yankees winning wasn't bad enough, "The Captain" is 5-for-5 with two doubles and a home run. So we'll have to see the press fellate him tonight and tomorrow. ::)

10. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

If you think that pitch was down and away, you need your eyes checked.

11. Songbird

At least he's not a LOOGY.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

and you don't think he should be fellated for that performance- 1 of 5 to ever do that in post season.

He may be the greatest post season player ever.

Draft saved Draft deleted