1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread Rated X -- Mature Audiences Only

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Sep 3, 2006.

1. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

The Reds are finished.

2. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

I said this a month ago when i made the bet.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Riveting baseball talk on the Angels-Tigers telecast. Joe Morgan is talking about ice cream.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

He was blathering about some other stupid crap earlier. I wish this college game were closer or that a decent movie were on.

5. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

if you've got cinemax, please watch animal house.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And the White Sox just lost a series to them. Congrats.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Not only that. Joe Morgan is the humar radar gun now.

He disputed that Zumaya was throwing 100 mph.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

You can put that on the board!

I was at the game, and I could not believe the number of bandwagon Sox fans. I bet 50 percent of the White Sox fans there had no clue Jermaine Dye used to be a Royal.

It was also quite incredible to see the blinding slowness of Mark Redman's pitches baffle the Sox.

Another contender can't beat the Royals. Next up ... New York. Royals will make it one tough series for the Yankees.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

What does it tell us that the once-mighty Tigers are 8-17 in their past 25 games but the White Sox and Twins still can't seem to catch them?
    Oh yeah, it tell us how MEDIOCRE the AL Central really is.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I bet you were yapyapyapping last year as the White Sox went into the September stall about how the Central sucks.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

What happened last year is irrelevent.
    All I've heard all season from certan people here is how tough the AL Central is and every time I see one of the "Big Three" play the Yankees they get their asses handed to them.
    The Tigers have a .320 winning percentage over their past 25 games and are still 4 1/2 games ahead. Why? Because the White Sox and Twins are equally mediocre.
    And for all you Mauer lovers, he's at .348 and Jeter is at .342. I have no doubt Jeter will win the batting title and Mauer will finish at less than .335.

And for those who may have forgotten, this comes from a YANKEE HATER!

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Not irrelevant.

Yapping like this last year would be indicative that you were clueless last year about rating the AL Central.

It would then require proof, perhaps a diploma, showing that you had learned something since then.

Draft saved Draft deleted