1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread Rated X -- Mature Audiences Only

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=260902106

Tigers give up 7 runs in the 8th, 9th and 10th to lose 7-2. Lead down to 4.5 games.

Guillen may be out with injury - the Tigers may start an infield consisting of Neifi Perez and Omar Infante. Perez' catastrophic error set up the 5-run 10th to lose the game. On the bright side, he did not appear at the plate, so his average was unable to fall any further from its current .156.

:eek: :eek:

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Neifi always picks the best time to make errors.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Baseball Tonight just picked its all-football team (FYI, Ryan Freel is Orestes Destrade's starting strong safety).

God help us all.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Will someone get Orestes Destrade off my fucking television?

Stuttering, stammering freak.

I need more Kruk. At least when he stammered, there was a decent chance he'd curse or call someone a name or make up a word or something.

Oh, and the Twins won, behind a solid start by Scott Baker, who might be the No. 3 starter if Minnesota makes the postseason.
    Garza tomorrow in the House that Ruth Built.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

May be in the minority, but I think Kruk's great.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It's a shame about Radke, who had become a great story. But here's hoping the Twins beat out the White Sox, who I hope don't make the playoffs. Anyone but the White Sox, please.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

F U, Oz. :D

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Oh, it's unanimous among Twins, Tigers, Royals and Indians fans on here, not to mention general hangers-on.

Twins and Tigers, in any order, as long as the White Sox stay out.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Go White Sox!

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for the Twins, but purely for selfish reasons. Been two years since I've taken a playoff visit to the Twin Cities. I'm only about 150 miles from Chi-town, so I can go there anytime.

Oh, and nice choke job, Tigers.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Long way to go before you can call the Tigers chokers.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Hey, no love lost there. I loved watching Contreras get blasted by the Royals last night. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted