1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball thread No. VII

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Why am I in a suit? Hair's slicked back, yeah I look good. I make this suit look good. Hey, that's a nice pillow. But I don't think I need a pillow if I'm in a suit. Nice silk lining. Aww yeah. Comfortable. There is dark mahogany wood...AWWW FUCK!

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Buehrle last three starts:

24 earnies in 14 1/3 IP

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Thome pounds one to the upper deck in right field. 8-3 game now.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

If anyone has MLB Gameday Audio, take a listen to yesterday's Phils broadcast of their loss to the Giants. At the 3:15:00 mark, after talking about Todd Worrell's herniated disc, you can hear Phils color guy Larry Anderson mention his bulging dick. Announcers get a good chuckle out of it for about the next five minutes.

5. leo1

leo1 Active Member

reminds me of mulder. finally that dickhead acknowledges there was something wrong and he went on the DL. something physical has to be eating at buerhle. right?

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

He and Polite were terrible today. Every pitch they threw was up in the strike zone and as flat as month-old soda.

7. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I just found out that the MLB Extra Innings package is having a free preview right now through Monday on many cable systems.

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

... and look what just showed up on today's updated AP Transactions:

CHICAGO WHITE SOX—Designated RHP Cliff Politte for assignment.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Just saw a great at-bat between Chan Ho Park and Wilson Betemit.

Betemit battled and battled and eventually drew a walk, and it was such typical Chan Ho Park, the reason Chan Ho Park will always be Chan Ho Park. He got ahead in the count. Tried to bust an inside fastball with a nice tail, barely missed. Betemit fouled off a few. Chan Ho Park tried to bust the same inside fastball with the same nice tail, barely missed. Betemit protected and fouled off a few tough pitches. In the past Betemit would have struck out by now. Full count now and Chan Ho Park for the 3rd time tries the same goddam inward tailing fastball, and can't paint that goddam inside corner, walk.

Betemit is growing up. Chan Ho Park will always be the same old Chan Ho Park who can't punch the guy out when he has a chance.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm only half ass paying attention because I'm whipping my kids' asses in a game of Sequence, but the park in San Diego looks pretty sweet.

11. Songbird

Andruw's 483-foot homer should've gone on this thread. Oops.

Anyway, if you get TBS, turn it on now to check out the highlights of Andruw's bomb off Chan Ho. Crush.

12. Songbird

Chan Ho just foul-bunted on strike 2. What a putz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.