1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball thread No. VII

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

This same tired argument is rivaling DouchePack's designer inferiority complex as the dumbest shit on the board.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Now how did I know you'd be over here spouting this bullshit, DickInSheep?

Go back to the playground and run around and pick fights. Let the adults talk about baseball.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

No, dense little boy, the Yankees rely on payroll to create their depth. Payroll in place solely because of the location of the team.

No way you are talking about Yankee depth if they have an $80M payroll that represents the midpoint in the majors.

The way you leave salient points out of these arguments so disingenuously, I am fearful if you are a sportswriter.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You are bitching about people not acting adult?!?

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Funny you should ask, 2much.

The way I see it there are two kinds of semi-juvenile behavior here:

1. Some name-calling. Tons of fun. I enjoy it. Good way to relieve stress.

B. The most frequent kind here: the utterly sophomoric, can't-make-an-argument, ad hominem, I'll-kick-your-ass, I'm-having-sex, mykids-are-cuter-than-yours bullshit that should have been left in the halls of finer high schools everywhere.

As long as I fall into category 1, I'll sleep soundly at night.

Oh, and you suck, 2much. You suck.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

It's too bad I just found you in Category B.

I just finished rereading all of Alicia Parlette's stuff on SFgate.com. After reading what she's gone through, vague attempts at insult slide right off.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Um, that was an abrupt transition.

Anyway, a lot of people use the baseball thread to discuss meaningful things. If you want to discuss trival things, let's move over to a thread like: "The Rule Line and Readers."

8. 2muchcoffeeman

That was my intent.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Raul Ibanez has been in the majors for 11 years. Can't say I really knew that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.