1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball thread No. 9

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Seems out of character from Mijares, but if Gardy said that, I'm inclined to believe him.

Left for work before any of that went down. Will have to see the DVR.

And, yeah, Hernandez sucks goat taint.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I'm not buying that they're only worth $400M, even with all the bleeding.

It is a shame. They were fun to watch this year.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Whatever the franchise is worth (and I agree, for a Top 5 market that is ridiculously low), all that debt is going to make a sale highly problematic. Look at the Phoenix Coyotes and what a goat-screw that has become.

Like the Coyotes, the Rangers will almost certainly have to go into Chapter 11 and dealing with that may drag on for a year or even more. Then whoever ends up with them will probably be interested only in flipping the franchise for a profit.

All the while, it'll be a parade of AA and AAA players — good prospects for sure, but who aren't ready for the show but that's all the Rangers can afford. Any veteran making more than the MLB minimum will be shopped. Right at the time this team's window should be wide open for the next 7-8 years.

By the time this is all done, it'll make the Expos look like the Yankees.

Damn you, Tom Hicks.

4. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

Laird acknowledged after the game that he did indeed say something.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I bet he called him a cocksucker.

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I watched the replay while waiting for my take out order and Leyland was gone fast.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Mike Blowers knows when you'll die...

Well, not really. He's just really, really good or lucky at predicting home runs.

http://deadspin.com/5370481/mike-blowers-knew-you-would-read-this-post?skyline=true&s=x

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Mijares had no comment, but others made up for it:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/63154327.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUnciaec8O7EyUsl

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If GWB did buy the Rangers again, his first order of business would be putting together a team capable of overthrowing the Phillies in the NL East.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Awesome. :D

11. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

I was sitting in the left field seats today and was thoroughly confused as to what was going on with that pseudo-brawl.

Now that I know Young was angry with Mijares and not Bonderman, it's all becoming a lot more clear to me.

Also, I wonder if that's why it took so long for the guys in the Twins bullpen to run out to the "melee."

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Maybe it's Bush's fault for selling to Hicks.

Like, seriously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.